Copyright © 1997-2014,2015 by Thomas E. Dickey
We are currently working on Lynx 2.8.9.
Lynx's version numbers have "dev", "pre" or "rel" suffixes.
For example, "lynx2.8.9dev.1" is a development version as part of
the successive versions culminating in "lynx2.8.9rel.1".
This page contains links to the most recent
Lynx development source code.
A release of Lynx and pointers to
Lynx for DOS386+ and Win32 are available from
- Windows installers for the most recent release and for
- 2.8.7rel.2, zip-file
- Lynx for
Win32 (by patakuti)
- 2.8.6rel.4, English and Japanese installers.
- Doug Kaufman's Web
Site – DOS ports
- 2.8.5rel.1, zip-files, with support for message
- 2.8.5rel.1 installer.
- Lynx for
Win32 – Jim Spath
- 2.8.3rel.1 and 2.8.4pre.5 zip-files
for DOS 386+ or Win32
- 2.8.3dev.16 and 2.8.2rel.1 zip-files
Gzip can be obtained from any Gnu archive site, e.g., http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gzip/
Bzip 2 home page http://www.bzip.org/
Info-Zip home page http://www.info-zip.org/
You can usually use your systems' port or package system:
Packages: includes ssl, NLS and IPV6 support
Ports for lynx: includes Japanese and ssl flavours
- (OpenBSD provides an older version in the base system, does
not provide a port)
- Mac OS X
- MacPorts (portfile)
Lynx supports multiple languages through use of gettext:
- The translation project's page for
Lynx summarizes the versions of the message catalogs which
have been used.
- Message catalogs from the translation
project are bundled in the source distribution's po
- The About NLS page gives
some historical information from when Lynx first started using
Questions or comments can be directed to the email@example.com mailing
which is archived at http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/
Updated by: Thomas E. Dickey [email]